Sunday 8 November 2020

Reflection: Painting

 Reflect on your processes and outcomes from the workshop. Describe what you made. What was successful about this and why? What could you pick up to develop further?

I had tried out the Tarot cards, created a sigil, automatic drawing, telepathic drawing, and paper cut. The aim of the Tarot cards was to influence how I devise drawings; I picked up three cards, in an order to represent my past, present and future. It was the first time to play Tarot, however, it actually influenced me psychologically. When the sign of the card was positive, I felt more confident to draw. Conversely, I felt worried. I found it might change the style of my paintings, how interesting. I also created some logos by overlaying the letters of my name. I was not very interested in it, but I think it might be a useful skill for logo design in the future. The automatic drawing was full of unknown. I was a bit confused and I did not understand when I saw the outcome. I think there will be some meaningful marks if I do it with music, combining the technique 'draw to music' in the drawing workshop. Because the lines were done in unconsciousness. About the telepathic drawing, it was fun. Since it was the first week, this activity gave an opportunity to familiar to my partner; to observe her face. Sometimes I depend on my feeling and habit to draw, the telepathic drawing led me to use my eyes to observe. I think it was a very nice practice of observation. The paper cutting was the most interesting. It is unpredictable and allowed me to develop my creativity. I made a very simple paper cut at the beginning and I was not satisfied with it. Therefore, I had thought about before I started; how many folds I want to create and how many details I would like to apply. As the result, there was a more satisfying outcome. The patterns repeated following by folds, so the second sample has more details as there are four-folds. Also, the thinner paper is better for a paper cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...