Tuesday 19 November 2019

Yumpu Flip Book: First Experiment

This week I was looking for a way to present my work for a major project. I decided to make a presentation through a Yumpu FlipBook. Here are some experiments in Word and Photoshop. This is a preparation for the Yumpu Book. After I completed my final piece by iPad and edited it, I will upload to Yumpu website to create the FlipBook.

The reason why I did not choose to make a Powerpoint or Word document is I wanted to try some more new digital techniques, such as the Gallery or Yumpu. Also, I think the Yumpu Book looks more suitable and more professional for a portfolio for my major project.


Firstly, I dragged the pictures of my garment in Word which I thought Word is much easier to use than Photoshop. However, it is not a good enough tool for a professional portfolio. I found it is hard to organise the photos since sometimes I miss the edge or gaps appear between them. Also, the background of the picture shows above is not pure black. It is a little bit messy. Therefore, I moved on to Photoshop to edit my images.


The FlipBook would be a mini-portfolio that I don't need a big size canvas, such as A3. Then I created an A4 canvas here.


I opened my picture in another layer, just in case it fails and will not affect my canvas. This screenshot shows the edited image. I lost the screenshot of my process. But the working process of the Clone Stamp was posted in my previous blog, go to check if you want to learn about it. It is a tool that covers the mess and extra colours by using colour expected in your background.


Furthermore, I started working on the design of the heading title and subtilises. I wanted to find a colour stand out from the background, also relates to my garment.


Also, I tried different letter patterns.


I changed the heading to yellow which is one of the elements in my design. This colour is bright and it stands out, much better than the brown, go for it!


So this is the final version of my first experience with Photoshop. Now it's ready for making a Yumpu Book for my final pieces.

1 comment:

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...