Sunday 17 November 2019

Critical thinking: Noise


Noise has been a hot debate problem in society. Some people like working in a quiet place, but some of them like to put their music on. They hold their own opinion. I found whether noise becomes a problem is depends on the person.

In my opinion, I hate noises like a car engine, a barking dog, music from clubs, bars or party, etc. It totally distracts my life that I can not work efficiently and I cannot concentrate on anything.

 I made a conclusion of why I don't like parties, especially the noise. I do not like being in a crowded environment and having alcohols. Besides, it is not a good place for meeting new friends. I cannot hear clearly when someone talk to me, not even possible to understand it. The music is too loud and it damages people's ears, and so on. Musics from club, bars or parties always too loud and affects people who are living around. It distracts people who having to telework or need early sleep. Furthermore, those music are not the type of music I like. I like to listen to the piano. Therefore, pop music, trap, rap become a noise problem for me.

Conversely, reports showed that people like parties because of plain reason. They think they can forget what they are and what they suppose to do in a loud environment.  It is a chance for them to run away from home, from stresses or from the work pressure. They believed that loud music lets them relax. It actually claimed in an article that loud music releases endorphins so listening to loud music is essentially self-medicating. Alcohol also seems to be an excuse for all silly actions. They express all feelings and forget everything after a few shots.


Photo from Mariën's article.




References: Mariën.S.(2019) 5 Reasons why people like loud music. https://blog.loopearplugs.com/why-people-love-loud-music/
MuleSoft.(2019) What kind of music do DJs play in the club these days?https://www.quora.com/What-kind-of-music-do-DJs-play-in-the-club-these-days

1 comment:

  1. I think you needed to look at what others have said , use quotes and really critically discuss this issue and back up your argument

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...