Sunday 24 November 2019

Major project: Final pieces work process

Some screenshots here to show new techniques I learnt and how I apply them to my designs. The final pieces will be shown on the next blog.


On the first layer, I sketched out a figure on iPad Pro, Sketchbook (app).


Then, I created the second layer and added drew a garment design.


On the third layer, I started to add colours. This is a new tool I found in Sketchbook, it called ' Linear Fill'. It provides transitions of colours.

I decided to use the pattern of the sun for the top.


I think the colours are too bright, then I reduce to a lower opacity.


In case something happened, I did all the experiments on another layer.



Moreover, I wanted to show what pattern I have used on the side columns. Therefore, I used the 'Lasso' tool to cut a section out of the belt. It is something similar to the 'Magic Wand Tool' in Illustrator.


Then I dragged it out.


I copied and pasted it to another layer.


It does not fit in the circle. I changed the opacity level and it let me rub the extra bit out as I can see where is the edge of the circle.


Same method for others.


Then I will move on to the next post and show six final designs. Also, I will add descriptions to them that you can see how I develop my ideas.

1 comment:

  1. My apologies I looked backwards - I see you have the process with technical details here - you do need a post to show how this will all come together though as this is not clear in this or the next post

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...