Tuesday 19 November 2019

Critical Feedback

I got a critical Feedback Form about my major project and website from Jessica. I will include photographs of the form and add responses to the comments.



I am delighted to see that my blogs are easy to understand for her. She can clearly see how did I create works and how did I apply the inspirations from artists or designers to my projects. I think it means the blogs and the website works well. Even the students from other subjects can understand my working process and what I wanted to show. Besides, she mentioned that she can see my reflection and work process on the iPad. I do think using different devices, such as iPad, helps me to experience new digital techniques. In this term, I started to work digitally. I attended Photoshop workshop, Illustrator workshop, also Photography Induction. I gained experience in using digital tools and improved the quality of my photoshoots.

Furthermore, a new technique I have learned is to use bottoms wisely. Since I have uploaded plenty of artwork, the Gallery looks a little bit messy and it was not user-friendly. I was looking for a method to organize the pictures. I wanted to create additional pages and separate them, but there may be a problem that too many pages for a website. It will not be an appropriate presentation. Then I have chatted with Charlott. She taught me how to add bottoms in my Gallery and link to the mini-galleries. Also, if I do not want them to show on the top of my website, I can go to the particular page in Menu and click '...', there is an option to hide the pages. The bottoms are very convenient, it allows the users to see specific work with the same topic. However, the bottoms are one-way through. Zoe reminded us to add bottoms in the hidden pages to help the users get back to the main gallery directly. It is very helpful because users always get lost when they are looking at a website with lots of works.

In addition, Jessica gave comments about the customize of my website. She thinks my website is welcoming because of my works, they are eye-catching. But it would be better if  I add more colours and details to the design of my pages. I kept the backgrounds of the website in white because I think if I used colourful background it may mess up with the artwork in Gallery and become hard to read.

1 comment:

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...