Sunday 13 October 2019

Creating my advert: Super Eraser

I am launching an advert to sell an eraser. Since I am studying Art and Design, I thought an eraser is essential for students. Therefore, I decided to make an interesting advert, here is my initial sketch.


I wanted just a simple design like my sketches. An eraser, company logo, and text. I inspired by a superman in Japanese animation and I used this idea in my portrait design. This character wears a suit with stars and I thought his post was suitable for a portrait. Then, I transformed this man into an eraser. I thought it may be a good way to promote this product to young people.




Besides, I thought about the landscape. It showed a totally different outcome. I found it was more formal and classic. But I believed that I can make changes in colours to let it be not boring.

I started to do some research on other adverts and learned about how an advert should look like.



Here is one of the landscape advertisements. I think it is great but too simple. Although the cover of the eraser is delightful, I cannot see any more creative points in the advert. However, I found a very great idea in this advert that the company compared this product to another eraser. I think it would be a very effective way to attract customers that it is a direct way to let them know it is the better choice.



This company considered different aspects and provided various options for customers. I thought it is a very useful selling method that if the first product was not the one wanted, they still can sell others.
Besides, they classified the erasers in several functions, for example, erasers for general use, for students, for artists, etc. It is a clever way to display their goods. The website looks organized, it is convenience for people to search what they want and they satisfy everyone's need.





Then, I created the initial design in class.



I downloaded an image of an eraser from Pixabay and dragged it to Pixlr. I created a canvas with a size 1024x768 and rotated it to be a landscape. I changed the background colour to red. Then I made my company Logo.


I wanted to call 'Eraser Factory'. I added this name to this picture. But I thought it does not match my advert, I switched to another image.


At last, I added it to the left side of the canvas.


I learned how to format my advert and what content to be included. I thought my initial advert was not attractive and I wanted to improve it. The next steps are to look at the artists' inspiration and show how they influenced me. I wanted to make changes to colours of the images then one idea popped in my mind.



The series is so expressive. The images of Marilyn Monroe's head are the same. It makes me feel brand new because of its changeable colours. Then I used this idea in my advert.

I edited the erasers in Pixlr to different colours just like these paintings of Marilyn Monroe.




I was not only thought about colours but still textures. After that, I transformed these images to PhotoScape X and combined them together. I did not think some of them match each other, so I just selected a part of those images.




And I decided to make them to Tile formation. 

Moreover, I uploaded this image to my iPad Pro. I added a background and the company logo in the corner on the left-hand side.



I cropped this picture in an appropriate size.


I am satisfied with this final outcome. Please see the next blog for reflection.

References: All Might, Japanese animation, Photo, boku-no-hero-academia-all-might
Marilyn Monroe, Artwork, Andy Warhol, Campbell's Soup Can and Other Works, 1953-1967

1 comment:

  1. Some good work here incorporating the research and your process - well explained and clear throughout

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...