Wednesday 30 October 2019

Website Creation: Reflection


There was one important thing I forgot to do; I did not remember to check my website by using the mobile version. I need to remind myself next time because I found some text was not fitting in when I changed the version. People used to work on mobile phones nowadays, they often do research online. Therefore I need to make sure my works and text are in the correct format and it is clear to read.

Another thing is, I should try Photoshop next time for fixing background colours. Clone Stamp Tool in Photoshop helps me to do this job efficiently and it makes the background looks more natural. Although I still can use Sketchbook on my iPad Pro, Photoshop is more professional. Here is an example shows how I used the clone stamp tool to edit its background.


Moreover, I think the organisation of my gallery is not good enough. I changed their position and put the images in the same series together, they look fine but it was not the best way to illustrate. Then I looked at two textiles designers' website page and I learned about what is the better way to show pictures. A screenshot by using the snipping tool shows below.

Here is Lucienne Day's Gallery page. It is very clear and her work separated in different series. It is easy to use that I just need to click in the name of these series that I can access her work. So I am going to make some changes to my Gallery to improve it. Besides, I will continue to discuss what I do like and dislike about their website on the next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...