Sunday 6 October 2019

Welcome to Fashion and Textiles World

Welcome to my Blog. My name is Evelyn. My best friend, Sam named me Evie because she said Evelyn is too hard to remember. So I used this name as a nickname.

I am studying Art and Design Foundation course at DMUIC. This blog as a start of my Fashionable Textiles journey. Independent research and working practices will come after this blog. I have a keen interest in all forms of art, such as painting and photography, especially textiles. I enjoy using a range of techniques to create innovative 3D artwork based on 2D drawings.

It is exciting to bring Textiles to Fashion. An example from Bethany Walker showed below. I will demonstrate why her work attracts me and how I apply those inspections into my works. Also, I will learn about how artists express their ideas in works and how they combine Fashion and textiles nicely.

I will start here in a designer's work that I think is very innovative and fashionable.

Bethany Walker interview: Cement & textiles

                                                                                
Designed by Bethany Walker(2015)

Bethany Walker

She is an appealing advancing Mixed Media Artist is well known for her combination of materials – cement and textiles. These materials create charming pieces with interesting textures. I very admire the soft part of the yarn and the hard quality of cement, her work gives special tactile quality. I think her unusual work shows the connection between organic objects and urban elements. As I finished the A-level exam, I have done a lot of traditional arts. For instance, acrylic paintings and pencil drawings. Bethany Walker's work inspires me to look outside the box. I learned not to be afraid to make changes. Her work shows a fusion and against urban and traditional viewpoints. I had a similar idea when I was in college. There were some constraints of mix-media, I thought it is impossible to use textiles into architectures, then I stop trying. Bethany Walker's work shows the mold of different materials and they merged well together. It is an encouragement for me.

References: Bethany Walker, 'collision' (detail), 2014, inspiration

1 comment:

  1. Okay good welcome and introduction to yourself - You copied the information about the artist and sourced this but you do need to clear the formatting using the 'T' with the X button in your Blog editing menu, I don't know from this post why this artist is inspiring - more commentary from you is needed here.

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...