Monday 14 October 2019

Major project initial ideas and Project Sign off

I completed the project sign off with my tutor and here is my theme to work on for this term.

Click this link to my project sign off sheet: Evelyn's textiles project

I have been considered deeply for what I would like to do for the major project. It is quite a wide range of options for me and it has taken me some time to make the decision. Fortunately, an interesting idea popped in my mind and I found it is a suitable topic to link Textiles and Fashion.

I am going to create a series of digital illustrations for personal magazine column about emotions and colours in fashion. Also, patterns made by nature are worth to discuss. I am very interested in how they influence each other. Therefore, I will learn about how designers or artists create their work and look at what feeling they want to bring to the viewers or customers. Besides, photographers' work also good examples for me. I will look at what tones or films they used and the effects they want to constitute.

I was inspired by a Chinese interior designer when I was watching a TV show on YouTube. It was about helping people who have obesity to modify the house to be more convenient for them. The designer was very professional. He realised the obese had a problem with controlling eating. So he came up with an idea to change blue to the major colour of their house. According to the experts, blue is the colour to suppress appetite. I found it is very funny and I felt excited to explore more information in is the area. Besides, I also will do some research about psychology and use the theory in my fashion design project.

Here is a simple introduction to the designer. His name is Jack Zhao, contemporary oriental life artist, cross-border designer, columnist. Since the late 1980s, he has involved architectural and industrial design, landscape design, installation art and so on. These photographs are showing how he made the decision of the major colour for a house. Besides, he also considered the light. I learnt blue and white tone can let people feel calmer and it is a very successful way to suppress appetite.
References: YouTube, interior design, China, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yFLiKpF8SA
Chinese interior designer, Zhao Xueqiang, https://baike.baidu.com/item/赵学强/6567108

1 comment:

  1. Good interesting initial thoughts on your project - looking forward to seeing where you take this...

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...