Sunday 6 October 2019

Group work Sequential images: Shelving drinks


                                          
Shelving drinks, photographed by Evelyn(2019)


This series of photos for my group project is about the staff was shelving the drinks, which I made using my mobile phone, iPhone 6S. The man in a black shirt, colourful food, and drinks at the background of mutual impact are a strong contrast. I came up with the idea of light and dark to show the interesting connection between the man and the background. I found it is chanced that the light on the storage self went through the man and created a shadow around it. In my photographs, I also want to show the outline of the man created by a bright background. It let me associated the 2D pencil drawing technique. Sometimes it is unnecessary to draw or make an outline on purpose, the background creates by itself. While working on my photographs graphs, I felt it was lacking contrast. In order to show the effect of dark and light, I think using photoshop might be helped. In these pieces, the natural light came from the window and made the contrast softer. I did not expect the outcome. For my personal work, I will use photoshop to edit them and make a better atmosphere.

Working process: I stood the left-hand side and behind the man where I also faced the windows in the food court. At this angle, I can avoid my shadow took in this picture. Moreover, I took these photographs vertically, cause I just wanted to concentrate on this machine and the man. The reason why I have chosen this series of shots is I think the colours connections and tiny variances of the body shape between those pictures are appealing. I think combining them in one photo might also be interesting. The technique I learned from these pictures is staying in the same position provides me with a good quality of the sequential effect. I may have to shoot from a lower level that I will be able to show the whole image of the machine. For this time, I lost a corner.

I used an App, PhotoScape X to edit the photos I have taken at school. I dragged them to the app and chose the horizontal effect. 


Then I enlarge the size to 40%.


This is my first series of sequential images, I am looking forward to the next section.

1 comment:

  1. The explanation here is okay on what you have done - please can you explain your process - what phone did you use - why did you choose this shot? What did you learn from this? What could you improve?

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...