Sunday 5 April 2020

Art Portfolio: Initial ideas

In this blog I will note down initial ideas form my major project for the remote term. I will use Milanote to organise those ideas, including artists and designers research that relate to my theme.


I have chosen the first topic, which about plastic. Therefore, I searched different forms of plastic art as brainstorm ideas using Milanote and Pinterest to pin these ideas.



Milanote is better for referencing the designers' work and Pinterest is a tool allows me to look at different ideas in a quicker way, it is more convenient.

In order to link to the topic, I was thinking using plastic bag as the major material for my project which it is an everyday object. Thinking about the situations that I don't have many tools to create a completed garment, such as sewing machine. Then I decided to make something in smaller scale, maybe a small wall hang, a pair of ear rings, a fashion bag for women, etc. This project will include four 2D pieces and one 3D work. The 2D pieces will be a series of design and I will choose the best one and continue to create the 3D work as the final outcome.

I will blogging more posts to show working processes as a sketchbook where includes my sketches, ideas development and final pieces. I am still thinking want going to make, will post it later.

1 comment:

  1. Good that you have started your initial research and development and you have ideas - I think you could here have expanded upon the work you explored in milanote that was informing your design

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...