Saturday 4 April 2020

Final Show: Initial ideas

I will note down some initial idea for my exhibition in this blog.

Ideas for the name:
1. Lighting & Fashion Show
2. Lights up 
3. Wearable fore lights
4. Shining Clothes
5. Wearing lights on
6. Light Chasers
7. Light upon clothes 2020, Fashion Textiles
8. Want to be the brightest star? Evelyn Chow has wonderful light suits for you.
9. Adding magic on clothes: Evelyn Chow's new collection
10. The garments of lights

In order to create a dynamic name that reflects on my work, but that also piques people’s curiosity. I searched for more virtual exhibitions online and looked at articles of ways to name my solo art show. For example, IMMA museum. I found the titles of those exhibitions include time and they are normally long and seem to be more attractive.



For inspirations and brainstorming, I also moved further to look at artists' exhibitions that I interested in.  An example, Japanese artist, Yayoi Kusama on TATE website.


Her exhibition title starts with her name in capital letters, followed by the name of the show: Infinity Rooms. It is short and looks simple, but very interesting. In my opinion, I will be very curious if I did not see the artwork. I would think about what is the show about. Same here, a date for the exhibition.

Reference List: TATE (2020) Yayoi Kusama: INFINITY MIRROR ROOMS. [Online] Available from: yayoi-kusama-infinity-mirror-rooms. [Accessed by 06/04/20]

IMMA (2020) What's on. [Online] Available from: whats-on. [Accessed by 06/04/20]

WIKIHOW (2020) 3 Ways to Name Your Solo Art Exhibition. [Online] Available from: Name-Your-Solo-Art-Exhibition. [Accessed by 06/04/20]

1 comment:

  1. I think you may need a more dynamic name that exemplifies you and your work - research the names of other exhibitions that you have enjoyed

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...