Saturday 11 April 2020

Art Portfolio: Project Sign Off

I have designed a project theme and developed my initial idea. Now I am adding the project sign off the form here: Textiles & Plastic Fashion

In the beginning, I applied the ideas of my intended outcome and used a digital tool 'Sketchbook' in the iPad to create a sample piece with a design from VOGUE. I took a photo of a plastic fork from my flat and repeated this pattern to create a concept of layers on the dress.


Photos: Getty Images; Filippo Fior / Gorunway.com
Fantastic Plastics
A transparent plastic dress, c. 1942; Craig Green Fall 2019


Fantastic Plastic: Edited by Evelyn

This idea is from a British artist, Susie MacMurray. The wedding dress is created by 1400 plastic dishwashing gloves and is called 'A Mixture of Frailties'.


A Mixture of Frailties 2004 
1400 Household Gloves turned Inside Out 
Calico 
Tailors Dummy (private collection) 

This is just the idea for my intended outcome. Of course, it will be more completed and developed in the final pieces. As I said at the beginning, the aim of this term is to make simple and creative designs. Therefore, I will keep researching designers or artists like Susie MacMurray, to show fashionable and textural design at the same time in a simple way.

Reference List:

BORRELLI-PERSSON, L.(2019) Inspired by Craig Green’s Fall 2019 Lineup, a Look at Fantastic Plastics in Fashion. [Online image] Available From https://www.vogue.com/article/trace-a-trend-plastics-in-fashion-craig-green. [Accessed by 11/04/20]

MACMURRAY, S. (2004) A Mixture of Frailties 2004. [Online image] Available from: A Mixture of Frailties 2004. [Accessed by 11/04/20]

1 comment:

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...