Wednesday 1 April 2020

Art Portfolio: Reflection of Term 2

This blog is to reflect my assignments from last term.

For my major project, I got a very bad grade and it was quite disappointing. Fist of all, the instruction of my website is unclear. I made two slides for this project where the first slide is a photo gallery and followed by a link to my project flip book. I thought those pictures of lights may let viewers understand better to my topic. However, it makes the website difficult to navigate. Therefore, I think I should go to look at more designer's or artist' s websites to learn how to customise my site, or keep it simple, only portfolio for one page. It may be less confusing and easier to navigate.


Then I deleted the photo gallery, only portfolio for this page.

Secondly, my portfolio is still too wordy, even though it is better than first term. This is another skill I need to improve, to make my analysis more minimal to display. There is a method discovered during the Easter holiday which I can look for examples on website, such as Adidas. There is always an introduction of the product and I can learn the way how they describe and what is important to be included.


As it is a portfolio, I think a minimal introduction for the materials is fine, not many words needed.

Thirdly, a clearer introduction and ideas are also needed for my future project. Every explanation need to be clear and direct link to my project. Less confusion for viewers that they can see how I use the inspirations form designers and artists. I think I should spend more time at the beginning next time to plan what exactly to do to avoid less confusion. For the presentation in term 2 I seen be a little bit 'greet' and want to include all my work in. However, there are 45 slides in Power Point and when I was presenting I lost the focus. For example, I should consider all elements need to centre around my progression route which is fashion and textiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...