Wednesday 29 April 2020

Final Show: Curating

I am writing this blog about curating including research of a show in the real world that I think has been curated well. 

I have been visited the New Walk Museum in Leicester and I was attracted by the way how the museum staffs exhibited artworks in the Eygtyion gallery. It was very impressive because the exhibition was interactive. To make the show fun, the staff put some customs and headwears on a short table in the centre of the room. It is easy for children to reach and it allows them to interact with their family. This is an innovative idea that normally artworks are exhibited in glasses or keep a distance away from the audiences, now they can touch, even play with the works. The museum also provided mirrors for people to create their own custom, from head to tones. It let me felt welcomed and friendly.

A picture from the website of New Walk Gallery

The staff told me that they made the interactive artworks based on real objects, as the photo shows above. It is similar to my idea for the previous art project. I intended to make removable LED lights on fashion clothing which related to interactive art. The concepts are similar. So I wanted to use for my real fashion show. I would like to provide some fabric patterns and LED lights in the exhibition room then the audiences might create their unique fashion clothes. I also visited Stitching Show in Harrogate and there was a ten metres stitching event. It inspired me to put some sewing equipment, such as threads, needles and scissors. I can encourage viewers to participate in the creation of fashion and textiles and also make the show funny to visit.

1 comment:

  1. On the curating post you really need to answer all questions on the powerpoint from the session - this is one idea above but it is not curating a show!

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...