Saturday 11 April 2020

Final Show: Mood Board Creation

It is always difficult to make consistent designs for a project. The concept of a final show is also a challenge that need to ensure as all elements in the show are connected and display well. As an initial planner and a tool to find theme colour palette, mood board is very helpful.  So I created a mood board for the final show, it is related to my previous project, 'Lighting & Fashion'. Here is the link: Mood Board for Final Show 2020


I like creating a mood board initially as it is very convenient for looking for a colour palette and organise sources. I was very confused and feeling lost to find the theme colour for the last project due to a large number of research. At last, I was very pleased with this board and the grey-brown colour palette looks very suitable for my collection. It actually works quite well as the result.


The theme colours for this example above is brown and grey green as the embellishment. In the final show, I would like to make an improvement where the paper texture background in the portfolio changes to wooden based. It might be more liked to the sources on the mood board. I considered to make another mood board where focused on a yellowy colour palette. I think it looks more related.


I think the colours look great. However, considering it is a textiles fashion show, those two mood boards seem to concentrate too much on lightings. To avoid confusion, I made another mood board which focuses on knitwear, fabric, threads, wool yarns, fashion clothing, etc. Also, it shows two different colours of wooden frames which I wanted to use for the final show as a concept. I think it looks better because the audiences might know what is this show about based on this mood board.


1 comment:

  1. I think the colours are fine but I think that you need to remember that this is a fashion and textiles show and too much concentration on lighting is very confusing

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...