Thursday 2 April 2020

Final Show: Virtual Gallery Visit

I have visited the V&A website and I will discuss critically its galleries in this blog.


Here is the front page of the V&A online museum. Firstly, I think it is a very clear and nice Home page. The Menu is categorised, clearly shows options at the top. The spotlight research is also added on the right hand side on the top, which convinces the viewers to look for a specific topic or question. The information provided is completed, including ongoing collections, welcome post, opening time, tickets, brand logo, map and address, etc. This website is very easy to navigate and earthing list clearly. It allows the viewers to find information easily, for example, they don't need to access to another website or page to look for ways to get to the museum.

To inform my own website, I would apply a big and clear title at the top. (my brand name) Then keep the menu as clear as possible, which I can hide some pages, such as the questionnaire. To invite audiences, I can make a similar front page as the V&A's. I would like to add a welcome slide and put a link to my new collection to show the latest information.


The museum provided different methods for people to go to the destination which I think is very convenient. If I make a real gallery, I think I also need to provide this information; to make sure helping people to find the location.


The V & A museum also added social media for their updates. Viewers can find the latest information from here. To update information and interact with people, I would add own social strategies at the button of my website.



For people who want to get the latest news from them can enter their email address in the box here. I think the V & A website is very considered that there are many ways to promote their art news and information.

In the welcome slides, I will not only add the newest collection but also other collections.


Not only to access pages at the top of the website, but also at the end. It is very user-friendly and considered. Also, a button to get to the top, nice idea.

For the customisations of this front page, I think it is fine. Firstly, a nice background where the designer makes a low opacity that I can see the words clearly on this website. Besides, interesting brand design. It might be a bit boring if they use the same design for the brand logo on the same page. I like the idea of how they change the logo design and make this page more interesting.

The gallery page is also clearly illustrated in different collections. The icon picture of each collection is standing and the design of background colour is very creative that it changes when the viewers access to different galleries. So I would like to change each page colour of my website pages to make it more interesting.




A few pictures are showing in the Fashion gallery which I think is too less. However, I like the size of each picture that I can see the image clearly. If I make a gallery for my collection, I would use a similar way to display my designs.


When I want to find more information and it was a little disappointing.

This page is boring and like an academic source page. For an art museum standard gallery, I expected more fantastic designs, such as the front page. This page for me loos like Wikapedia website. I think fashion collections should be latest and well presented, like Vogue.


Reference List: V&A (2020) Fashion. [Online] Available from: https://www.vam.ac.uk [Accessed by 04/04/20]
LANDER, L. (2020) First Telfar Took New York, Now It’s Going Global. [Online] Available from: telfar-interview [Accessed by 04/04/20]

1 comment:

  1. Okay so how does this inform what you might do in your own exhibition ?

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...