Tuesday 12 May 2020

Final Show: Poster Concept Reflection

This blog will show my consideration of the typography of my poster. I will analyse how my poster changed and why I chose the typography.


This is the first version of my poster. It is not really commentary and it confuses audiences that they might not know what exactly this show is; about lights or fashion, due to there are no elements about fashion and textiles. Also, my logo seems to be not matched for this poster design. To keep my poster clear and consistent, I have created another poster also changed the typography. In the previous one, I used San Serifs for body copy, which is a clean, modern typeface gives clarity. I wanted to make content easy to read and contemporary. Besides, the heading was 'Zapfino', which is Scripted. It has an intricate style. I would like to give a feeling of creativity. However, these two types of font were not fitted together. I have considered again. Then, I decided to use only one font on the poster. This font is also Scripted, however, it is more squared. Considering the target audiences are in generation Y, I aimed to make the typography less mature than the first design. Also, I created a new background. I used pictures of clothing of my collection; The poster looks more connected to my subject area. Besides, I used the original colour palette from clothes to design a logo. It matches the poster, but I was not satisfied with it which looks like an official logo. It is too boring and the typography looks not professional enough.


Therefore, I changed to Serif; It is a traditional and authoritative typeface, subtly speaks quality and it is understated. This font gives a feeling between the previous two designs; is my intended outcome. It looks more elegant; is suitable for womenswear. A new background design illustrated fabrics, knits and some small LED lights; As they are small that I can show my inspirations, but not catching audiences' attention to it. I still can tell the theme of this show is about textiles. The huge improvement of this poster is the logo. I created a scripted version mixed with serifs. It looks more like a logo for a fashion brand; the colour also matches with the poster this time.


That's all my reflection for the creation of the poster for the final show. I will post my artist statement and introduction for my show on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...