Tuesday 5 May 2020

Art Portfolio: Look 1

I have researched 2020 fashion trends on the website of BAZAAR. The disco comes back on the 2020 runways. Designs stand out with contrast colours and the contemporary button-downs designs. Here is an example of the disco collar. "The look is most impactful in jacket form—bonus points if it has a contrasting collar as seen on the Paco Rabanne runway." (Pieri, 2020)


PETER WHITEGETTY IMAGES

 My theme is substantial art that these are recycled gloves, such as kitchen gloves. My design shows a disco collar with two pairs of yellow plastic gloves. Appliqué used for cuffs and a pocket with reverse appliqué. To leave enough space for the pocket and avoid it looks crowed, I decided to make a smaller collar. A jumpsuit inside; where I would like to keep the whole design as a piece. A jumpsuit connects top and bottom- the ankle-length trousers made from plastic bags. I tend to use black leather high heels with thin lines that it can show as many as possible of the yellow plastic socks. Different from my initial sketches, I changed white gloves to yellow, which highlighter reel is one of the 2020 fashion trends. I think yellow is a sharper colour and more eye-catching.

ESTROPGETTY IMAGES

I experiment with an orange background, considering layouts for the final portfolio. I will continue to work on other design and post on blogger. I think this design is more original than the initial version; quite pleased with the outcome. I might need to change the presentation, make it more clear to read and reorganise the text.


I think this orange is too sharp; to make a better presentation, I toned down a bit.

Reference:

PIERI, K. (2020) 12 Standout Trends That Ruled the Spring 2020 Runways. [Online] Available from: 2020 fashion trends. [Accessed by 05/05/20]

1 comment:

  1. Good start on final pieces and your reflection is correct here - perhaps you could just tone down the orange so it does not detract from the design

    ReplyDelete

Whale Carcasses

From birth to death, whales belong to nature. These ancient creatures come back to the ocean and their bodies benefit other sea species. Evi...